Now that Tanya's computer is back up and running, there will be more cooking and recipe misadventures. Since the last post, we have:
- visited North Carolina, with amazing BBQ and fried green tomatoes amidst beautiful fall color
- visited the cuisines of Japan, Germany, the American South, Ethiopia, and Morocco
- expanded our pantry to include ingredients possibly never found together in one place before
- explored a healthy number of Seattle's imported food stores
- put the garden to bed for the winter, and planted winter veggies
- harvested over 30lbs of red and green tomatoes, as well as several crops of arugula, potatoes, cress, parsley, Swiss chard, and fresh baby carrots!
- been sick as dogs for two weeks with a combination of strep throat and other illnesses
- generally been settling in for the winter in dreary Seattle.